The summer is always an ideal time to catch up on things you're too busy for during the year. In my case it's movies. I spend so much time writing and reading about movies for school that I often lack the time to sit down and watch one. Recently I've had the opportunity to catch up on some newer and older movies. Below are the most worthwhile.
1. Farrah's Story
After the disasterous week of celebrity deaths I don't know why I felt in the mood to watch this documentary about Farrah Fawcett's battle with anal cancer. But it was truly touching and a must watch for anyone who needs an example of a strong, brave woman. I have an increased amount of respect for her.
2. To Catch A Thief
My roommate and I were in the mood for Hitchcock last weekend so we went to the closest Blockbuster and found this classic that neither of us had seen. It's great to be reminded that movies don't have to cost $200 million (cough...Transformers) to entertain. Check out an older movie, you may be surprised.
3. Split
This documentary on Hulu is about the division in America and how it is so much more complicated than red states, blues states, race, religion, etc. It's A great trip across the country to figure out what people think about the division and how to close the gap. It's a very interesting look at America.
I hope this gives you some more options if you're not interested in paying $9 a ticket at the theater. Enjoy!
-- Post From My iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment